On behalf of We Lead, I would like to personally express my deepest thanks and appreciation for your participation in economic and community development efforts in West Liberty. Progress would not be possible without the support of this community.
We Lead made a great deal of progress in 2017. Here are the highlights:
- Three lots were sold in Liberty Park to the WLCSD for a new Bus Barn project.
- Four lots were leased in Liberty Park to the University of Iowa for a Biomass Fuel (Miscanthus grass) Storage site.
- JR’s Car & Truck Repair expands to Liberty Park and adds new jobs.
- Business Wellness visits began with existing members and non-member businesses.
- Housing Meeting held in November bringing many to the table to tackle the housing shortage in West Liberty.
- Worked as part of the Downtown Task Force in efforts to apply for a CDBG for Downtown Revitalization and on events in downtown.
- Held a cooking class for Junior High students to introduce them to Culinary careers.
- Held a Construction Trade event at West Liberty High School to introduce students to careers in the Construction industry.
- RLCC continued offering courses through EICC and expanded course offerings to include three tracks for pursuing an Associates degree.
- Asked to be on a technical working team of economic developers for Iowa City and Cedar Rapids regional efforts to attract new business and talent to Eastern Iowa.
- Farmers Market continued in downtown West Liberty.
- Marketed the Retro 6 Car Show event in downtown West Liberty.
- Began offering the RLCC space for rent for meetings and events.
The year 2018 is going to be exciting! We Lead will have an active role with Downtown Revitalization and the Downtown Task Force’s active pursuit of the CDBG Façade program. Another important focus is residential housing development and We Lead will be working with landowners and developers to assist in moving projects forward. Last and certainly not least, We Lead will actively pursue projects for Liberty Park, work to attract new business to our community and work with existing businesses on expansion and retention needs.
You can help! We ask annually that our community consider supporting the We Lead organization and your gift to We Lead will be a positive investment in the community. Visit us at the RLCC, we’ll give you a tour and show you various support levels available.
We understand that growth spurs economic prosperity for our business community and that quality of life improvements benefit all. We understand the role We Lead plays in growth and look forward to delivering on the goals in 2018. Your support will help sustain the organization and allow us to focus on the tasks at hand.
We Lead Executive Director